Grass Tournaments are back in North Jersey! Get outside and enjoy the summer with some volleyball!
- July 25 & 26
Aug 8 & 9
- Aug 22 & 23
- skip labor day weekend
Sep 12 & 13Unable to get the park
- Sep 26 & 27
- Men's and Women's Doubles (Open/AA, A, BB)
- Any Triples (B, Rec)
- Reverse Co-Ed Doubles (Open/AA,A, BB, B)
Girls Quads (18U, 16u, 14U) Boys Doubles (18U, 16U, 14u)
Stefan Tatarenko Memorial Park (formerly Robin Hood Park)
55 Broadale Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07013
- Rest Rooms available
- No Food sold on site
- We will NOT have a trainer.
- All Players Must register as individuals - registration on PowerZone website is the only method of entry. We may not have day of entry or payment. (Will see how the social distancing plan goes)
- You will be directed to a payment page to complete the tournament entry. Tournament is first come first serve.
- Day of registrants will be charged $35.00 to play
- All players arriving at the tournament after 8:30 AM will cost an additional $5.00 per player
$30.00 per adult player, $20.00 if you are 18 or under on the day of the tournament.
$45/adult in Open (Cash Prize for Open) We have made a few changes to entry fee in partnering with Hudsen Valley Volleyball to be consistent with format and rules.
$5 Discount for Tournament Club Members.
- Payment link is VERY particular, billing zip code must match credit card zip code.
- Cash or Credit card payment only.
PowerZone Tournament Club Member benefits include event discounts, priority entry, no late fees and get late start times.
Members will receive entry discounts to all eligible PowerZone Tournaments. We have planned a return of Adult indoor events in the fall and thru the year. Friday Night, Sat and Sun events at PowerZone in Denville.
Members will have early and priority registration benefits as well as late start time benefit (if available)
Membership is $15 - Memberships are NOT required to participate.
2021 Adult Indoor Season Plan
- Indoor Adult Tournaments - PowerZone Denville NJ
- Reverse Quads, Men's & Women's Sixes
- Single and 2 day formats.
Primo PowerZone Promos for every event!
- Each event will have it's own promotions.
- Complimentary tournament! Yes a free tournament! Will give each adult player a free tournament. Restrictions apply on when you can receive the free event. Some events may be restricted to a certain number. Adults only, (does not apply to open events) One complimentary event per player.
Complimentary entries. If you get complimentary entry your paid entry will be refunded or applied to next tournament.
Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place finishers. Cash for prize Open division. 75% of the total paid entry fee of the open division.
Updated 8/18 Tuesday
|Date||Division and Level|
|08/22/20||Any 3 B||Kwak, Won, Kwak, Owen, Yong, Nathan|
|08/22/20||Women's Open||Castillo, Alexandra||Magdangal, Carla|
|08/22/20||Women's Open||Jackson, Ali||Stayton, Cindy|
|08/22/20||Women's Open||Koslow, Taryn||Adler, Samantha|
|08/22/20||Women's Open||Riley, Suzanne||Enners, Brooke|
|08/22/20||Women's Open||Tyles, Julia||Hayes, Kelly|
|08/22/20||Women's AA||Cardascia, Maria||Cardascia, Rose|
|08/22/20||Women's A||Arroyo, Divina||Nana|
|08/22/20||Women's A||Martinez, Kim||Police, Vickie|
|08/22/20||Women's BB||Aranjo, Alana||Singh, Tyler|
|08/22/20||Women's BB||Santiago, Aryanne||Santiago, Stephany|
|08/22/20||Men's Open||Adelman, Alex||Kawecki, Mark|
|08/22/20||Men's Open||Aguirre, Andres||Goodridge, Jabarry|
|08/22/20||Men's Open||Beaumont, Justin||Ferraro, Johnny|
|08/22/20||Men's Open||Graham, Dashaun||Felicetti, Gabriel|
|08/22/20||Men's Open||Beige Rage||The Worm|
|08/22/20||Men's Open||Melosevich, Guillermo||Barry, Cody|
|08/22/20||Men's Open||Santana, Johnny||Maxwell, Drew|
|08/22/20||Men's AA||Esposito, Nicholas||Alexander, Sam|
|08/22/20||Men's AA||Garo, Angel||Gomez, Santiago|
|08/22/20||Men's AA||Laroco, Carl||Rosario, Tommy|
|08/22/20||Men's AA||Jordan Peiser||Max Cohen|
|08/22/20||Men's AA||Quispe, Kane||Balbutin, Christian|
|08/22/20||Men's AA||Mike Hess||Hess, Bryan|
|08/22/20||Men's A||Petrucelli, Alexander||Hagenbruch , Darren|
|08/22/20||Men's A||Denizard, Dennis||Albertson, Justin|
|08/22/20||Men's A||Megan's Dad||Darth Vader|
|08/22/20||Men's A||Moya, Cristian||Cruz, Jeff|
|08/22/20||Men's BB||Calonzo, Juan||Cortez, Ray|
|08/22/20||Men's BB||Reyes, David||Stickle, Greg|
|08/22/20||Men's BB||Soto, Karyl||McGinty, Joe|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Aguirre, Andres||Hayes, Kelly|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Bredahl, Jamie||Ng, Matthew|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Cadena, Tanya||Goodridge, Jabarry|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Castillo, Alexandra||Ortiz, Samuel|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Darcy, Christopher||Mankus, Camille|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Felicetti, Gabe||Almeda, Karina|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Graham, Dashaun||Froehlich, Michelle|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Jackson, Ali||Cappello, Ben|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Korte, Jennifer||Kenny, Ryan|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Melosevich, Guillermo||Chen, Amber|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Quispe, Kane||Matheis, Nicole|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Riley, Suzanne||Beaumont, Justin|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Ripoll Cid, Zacarias||Santos, Iris|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Rozum, Greg||Eneeva, Marina|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Santana, Johnny||Koslow, Taryn|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Stayton, Cindy||Vargas, Sebastian|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed Open||Wilson, Lauren||Burns, Sean|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Cebuano Killa||C-Dawg|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Carrington, Stefanie||Lombardo, Dean|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Chou, Victoria||Durling, Trevor|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Clock, Caleb||Shurie, Kirstie|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Durling, Sam||Durling, Matt|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Esposito, Nicholas||Adler, Samantha|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Guevara||Firmino, Tiffany|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Hoffman, Kyle||Hoffman, Alexa|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Kerins, Emma||Kerins, Michael|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Leban, Erin||Montya, Oscar|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Natarajan, Nitin||Dubiel, Samantha|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Joe Exotic||Carole Baskin|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Alex Rahmel||Borth, Marilyn|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Recchia, Joeseph||Bolinger, Jocie|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA||Rios, Samantha||Estrada, Juan Camillo|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed AA - WL||Laroco, Carl||Aranjo, Alana|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Adelman, Alex||Haber, Emily|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Tim||Krista|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Denizard, Dennis||Petrik, Sydney|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Batman||Robin|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Hernandez, Kassi||Castellano, Jason|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||McGinty, Joe||Curtin, Shannon|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Petrucelli, Alexander||Louise, Tara|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Janice||Jimi|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Recchia, Dawn||Correa, Adrian|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Reyes, Renz||Pittar, Ayleen|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Rosario, Tommy||Peterson, Aysia|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Jay||Pozo, Perla|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Stebbins, Hallie||Acker-Deoliveira, Maxwell|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Stickle, Greg||Farley, Maura|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Tran, Kaylynn||Hawke, Jack|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed A||Vedral, Stephanie||McGovern, Michael|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Amador, Andres||Yanto|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Oded||Rachel|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Bishop, Jesse||Bishop, Gabriella|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Choi, Hailey||Castellanos, Shane|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Dancel, Julianna||Rico, Jan|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Mendoza, Kassey||Alexander, Sam|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Meola, Sophia||Guevara, Steven|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Rodriguez, Marie||Esquivel, Christian|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed BB||Arnold||Elle|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed B||ilhan, devrim||ilhan, atilla|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed B||Lage, Ava||Ilhan, Ilhan|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed B||Warburton, Robert||Parrado, Sherry|
|08/23/20||Rev Co-ed B||Warburton, Gavin||Scaperotta, Amanda|
- All Rally scoring (director reserves the right to shorten games as time requires)
- You may participate in one level of play per day (i.e. women's on Sat. and Co-ed on Sun.)
- All divisions to be divided into pools of 4, 5, 6, or 7 teams, we reserve the right to move teams between levels
- The top 2 or 3 teams (depending on size of pool) will advance into single elimination playoffs
- There is continuation outdoors, therefore contact with the net after the ball is dead remains a fault
- The net includes net, bungee, guide ropes, pegs, poles, and pole plates
- Hair contacting the net is not a fault
- Clothing contacting the net is a fault
- A falling article of clothing i.e. hat, sunglasses, or visor is not a fault if it hits the net
- It is not a fault if contact with the net is from the wind blowing the net, or the ball hitting the net into the player
- In order for a player to interfere with an opposing player two things must occur
- The at fault player must have completely crossed the centerline (below the net) with all or part of his or her body (hands and feet may be on the centerline, all other body parts may not contact the opposing court)
- The at fault player must contact an opposing player or cause the player to alter his or her attempt at playing the ball
- If contact is made while neither player has crossed under the net, there is NO fault by either player
- The server shall contact the ball with one hand or any part of the arm after clearly tossing or releasing the ball and before the ball touches the ground
- You may use 2 service tosses to execute a legal serve, once a legal serve has been made you may have 2 more service tosses to execute another legal serve
- The serve may NOT contact the net at any time
- No kick serves
- A legal serve must pass between and not over or outside of the net poles (poles are the antennas)
- A serve is never a driven ball
- No open hand receive of service is allowed
- A hand set may not be set over the net unless the flight of the ball is square to the setter's shoulders (forwards or backwards)
- A hand set that drifts over the net unintentionally and is not square to the setters shoulders is a fault or backwards)
- A hand set may not be held, A hand set may not spin more than 1 1/2 (rotations in any direction)
- Open, AA - Set must be clean not held or thrown, called very tight - no spin
- You may only beach dig a driven ball (a ball is considered driven if, after contact by the attackers hand, it has a downward trajectory)
- It is a fault to beach dig a serve or a roll shot no matter how hard it is hit
- If a driven ball contacts a net or a blocker and the flight of the ball remains downward it may be beach dug
- If a male player makes contact with the ball while in front of the 10 foot line he must not contact the ball while any part of the ball is above the plane of the net causing it to go to the opponents playing space
- Male player may not block, this includes soft blocking (if the male player put his hands up in a defensive manner while in front of the 10 foot line, he may not contact the ball while it is above the plane of the net)
- A male player is considered in front of the 10 foot line if either of his last two contacts are in front of, or in contact with, the 10 foot line
- A block is NOT considered the teams first contact (three contact remain after a touch of the block)
- You may not misdirect a block, you may however push the block over as long as it is square to your shoulders
- All contacts must be clean touches with the exception of beach digs, NO open hand tips at any time
Tie Breakers Pool Play
- Head to head won loss record
- Head to head point differential
- Overall point differential
- Coin Flip
Seeding in playoffs
- Seed first place teams by won loss record and overall point differential if there is still a tie, flip a coin
- Seed second place teams by the seed of the first place team in their pool, so as not to meet until the finals
Tournament director decisions on seeding and rule interpretations are final
We reserve the right to move a team up or down a level to even out pools and/or combine levels
GARBAGE - You are responsible for whatever you bring in. We will have garbage bags available. We ask that you take your garbage for your tent to the dumpster at the end of the day when you leave. Please do not leave anything by nets or on the ground for us to pick up. That includes items that are biodegradable such as banana peels, orange peels etc... We need to leave the field as clean as it was before we arrived.
- FACE MASKS - You will need to wear face masks at anytime unless you are playing, or sitting in your own tent. If you are walking around the field for any reason, please put on a mask until you are back to your tent. You do not need to wear a mask walking to your court to play, we ask that when the game is finished you head straight back to your tent.
- TENTS - You cannot set up tents in rows, each tent needs to be set up at least 6 ft apart. In each tent there can be no more than 5 people in the tent at all times. The people allowed in your tent have to be either someone you came with, your playing partner or came with your playing partner. If not they are not allowed in your tent. You are not allowed to visit other peoples tents.
- EQUIPMENT - Bring your own balls to warm-up, we will providing game ball for players. Also please bring your own sanitizer, we will have what we can available, but just like everyone else we cannot buy in bulk and it is hard for us to get our hands on it. Sanitize hands before the start of the game, The game ball is clean.
- The goal is to keep our hands clean and the game ball clean. DO NOT TOUCH your face. If you do you will need to sanitize your hands before play is resumed. So if the ref calls hands and it wasn't setting - you probably touched your face. After the play sanitize hands. Lets do our best not to touch our face.
- DO NOT PLAY if you are sick. Please fill out this health screen survey in the morning.
- While temperature isn't the only symptom we will have a temperature check.